Step 1 – Choose your preferred blogging platform
Choosing where you want to build blog is pretty much the first thing you have to do. I’m going to take a leap and assume you’ve heard of WordPress, and this is the platform I advocate. It’s massive.
It’s by far one of the biggest blogging platforms in the world, with countless plugins and add-ons and almost infinite ways to design and layout your blog.
There are more than 82 million active users of WordPress = a lot, basically!
Step 2 – Self-hosting or a free alternative?
There are other alternatives however, and they are listed below:
Even though WordPress is bigger than those two, here are more reasons why you should still build with WordPress:
- Super easy set-up and is free to use
- Tons of free themes & Plugins to extend functionality
- There’s a massive support forum in case you get stuck
- Your blog will be insanely fast and it’ll also look Functional and perform – perfect!
- Your content can be shared, commented on, and so on.
Step 3 – Start a blog on your own domain
Seriously, it’s the best.
You’ll need to come up with a domain name you like and also choose a hosting company that can host your blog.
- Domain: The domain is basically the URL of your website. Example: google.com (Google.com is the domain)
- Hosting: Hosting is basically the company that puts your website up on the internet so everyone else can see it. I highly recommend BlueHost.com
These articles may help you avoid some of the growing pains when it comes to your first blog – enjoy!:
- 5 Beginning Blogging Mistakes You Can Fix
- Choosing a Blogging Niche
- How We Communicate: FAQs for Beginning Bloggers
- 7 Ways to Boost your success as a Blogger